Do your contacts publish LinkedIn™ polls and would you like to do the same? However, you don’t know how to take advantage of this feature to create a LinkedIn™ survey and generate interactions?
Imagine, conducting LinkedIn™ surveys that work and generate a high rate of engagement. Imagine that user interactions boost the visibility of your own post, thus multiplying replies, likes and comments.
Dream no more! In our article, learn how to create LinkedIn™ surveys like an expert and enjoy the benefits of this format!
How do I create a LinkedIn™ poll?
Conduct a LinkedIn™ survey on computer
To conduct a survey on LinkedIn™, follow these steps:
- Start by logging into your LinkedIn™ account;
- From your home page, click on “Start a post”;
- In the small icons at the bottom, look for the one that says “Create a poll”;
- Write your question. Attention, you cannot exceed more than 140 characters! In addition, be as clear as possible to avoid any confusion in the answers;
- Choose the different answer options. It is possible to add a maximum of 4. Additionally, each response can contain up to 30 characters;
- Select the duration of the survey. You have the choice between 1 day, 3 days, 1 week or 2 weeks;
- To launch the LinkedIn™ survey, click “Done”.
Create a LinkedIn™ survey on mobile
It is also possible to create LinkedIn™ polls from the mobile version. The way to proceed is a little different than on the computer. There she is :
- Connect to your LinkedIn™ profile ;
- In the menu at the bottom of your screen, tap “Posts”. This is a plus icon;
- Among the different types of posts, select “Create a poll”;
- Then, the method is the same: you write the question without exceeding 140 characters then, each answer option (4 at most and always without exceeding 30 characters);
- You choose the duration of the survey and click on “Done”.
LinkedIn™ is a gold mine for finding clients! Do you want to use this potential to develop your business? Thanks to the Proinfluent online conference , you learn the workings of the platform to attract customers each month.
LinkedIn™ Survey Tips and Best Practices
Who can see LinkedIn™ poll results?
Your community sees the results of the poll, however, it does not have access to the details of it. She therefore does not know who voted and what he voted for. As the author of the content, you know exactly the result of your survey. Who are the people participating and what answers they gave.
If you publish a survey from a LinkedIn™ page ( company pages for example), be aware that all the administrators of these have access to the results.
But from LinkedIn™ groups, it is only the author who discovers the answers and their details.
Do you have to participate in your own LinkedIn™ survey?
It is not prohibited so theoretically you can vote and participate in your survey on the social network . This is also a trick that allows you not to leave the response rate at zero and therefore, to engage your audience more easily.
Be careful though! Participating in LinkedIn™ surveys inevitably influences their results! For example, you are looking to reap real results to guide your marketing strategy or improve the user experience of your website. So you need opinions from customers or sincere people.
How do I edit a LinkedIn™ poll?
It is not possible to edit a poll on LinkedIn™ when it is published ! To do this, when creating it, make sure that the content is clear and free of spelling errors. Only the publication duration can be changed.
If after the broadcast, you want to modify it, there is no other choice but to delete it and create a new one. In this case, you lose the reactions and votes generated.
Is it possible to postpone the end date of a LinkedIn™ survey?
Yes, as long as your LinkedIn™ survey is active, you can modify its duration as you wish . However, when the delivery of your content ends, it is no longer possible to modify the deadline to extend it.
What are the benefits of the LinkedIn™ survey?
Know the preferences of your community
It is possible to appeal to your audience by questioning them on various subjects. For example :
- What types of publications does she prefer (video, articles, news, carousel , polls…)?
- What means of transport does she use to get to work?
- What does she think of social media ads ?
- What items/services do they prefer?
- What topic should you choose for a future blog post?
- What is his opinion on the news (quote a specific event)?
Soliciting your community directly through LinkedIn™ surveys is a boon, because it directs you to the needs of users, their issues and their expectations.
Gain visibility on the platform
Indeed, the LinkedIn™ algorithm boosts content that generates strong engagement and records many views. LinkedIn™ surveys solicit and collect the opinions of your community.
They have the advantage of being simple and to participate, one click is enough! As a result, they generate engagement and LinkedIn™ propels them to the news feed.
What are the prohibitions of the LinkedIn™ survey?
LinkedIn™ does not allow members to make a self-promotional survey or discuss certain sensitive topics such as political opinions and medical data for example.
How do I post a LinkedIn™ poll?
When publishing your LinkedIn™ polls, try embedding them in posts. This helps set the context and is a way to engage your community. Create a post with a catchy title and relevant content related to your survey topic. Don’t forget the hashtags to increase the reach of your post!
Your polls are more effective if they complement a post rather than posting on their own.
LinkedIn™ survey to conclude
- To conduct a LinkedIn™ survey on desktop:
- From your account, click on “Start a post” then “Create a poll”, represented by a diagram icon;
- Write your question without exceeding 140 characters, then fill in the answer options (4 maximum) within the limit of 30 characters;
- Set the duration of the post and click “Done”;
- Internet users see the results of the polls, but they do not have access to the details. Only the author can see who voted what;
- Participating in your own survey is sometimes advisable so as not to leave it empty and to encourage people to vote, however, it is a risky strategy if you are looking to obtain a concrete and sincere result;
- It is possible to modify the duration of a survey only when it is still online. This is the only item that can be changed. If you want to modify the content, you must delete the poll and create a new one;
- Surveys allow companies to collect the opinions and ideas of their customers, but also to involve them in their actions.
LinkedIn™ survey to summarize in 4 questions
How do you create a survey on LinkedIn™?
To create a LinkedIn™ poll:
- Connect to your LinkedIn™ profile;
- Click on “Start a post” then, “Create a poll” represented by the diagram pictogram;
- Now write your question without exceeding 140 characters;
- Fill in the answer options within the limit of 30 characters each (and only 4 options are possible);
- Choose the duration of the publication then click on “Done”!
How do I delete a LinkedIn™ survey?
To delete a poll on LinkedIn™, follow these steps:
- From your home page, click on “You” in the menu at the top of the screen;
- In the menu that appears, select “Posts and activity”;
- Find the poll you want to delete and click on the three dots to its right;
- Select “Delete post”.
How do you create an engaging LinkedIn™ survey?
To hope to take advantage of this LinkedIn™ feature, engage your community and gain visibility, conduct a survey with:
- Clear and concise content. Bet on a question and simple answers so that the maximum number of people are able to participate;
- Topics that involve your network. Ask for their point of view, discuss current events for example;
- A text, an effective presentation that sets a context and introduces the survey;
- Hashtags, to boost the visibility of the post.
How do you create a survey on Facebook™?
To create a Facebook™ poll:
- Click on “Publishing Tools”, present in your menu;
- At the top left, select “Create a post”;
- Go to “Poll”;
- Now write your question and your answers;
- If you wish, it is possible to add an image and a GIF;
- Determine the duration of the survey;
- Define which members of your network will have access to your survey.