Are you unable to convert your prospects into customers? Is your company looking for something new to boost its sales? Is your turnover stagnating? It may be time to review your marketing strategy! Imagine rising results, finally succeeding in converting your prospects into customers and renewing your business. The funnel technique makes it possible to understand the steps that do not work, during the conversion journey.
Thanks to it, you quickly detect flaws and adjust the shot in order to increase your attractiveness and find new customers.
Concretely, what is the funnel technique?
It is a well-known marketing strategy for companies, mainly aimed at converting prospects into customers. Indeed, the funnel technique is based on the 6 conversion phases through which your prospects go through before becoming customers. This strategy makes it possible to identify the steps responsible for the loss of prospects, in order to rework them and become more efficient.
The principle of this funnel is based on 6 phases:
- Sensitization ;
- Sale ;
The interest of the funnel technique is above all to convert all your leads into prospects and your prospects into customers as well as finding new customers and boosting your sales.
How to set up the funnel technique?
To sensitize a prospect, that is to say make him want to visit your website, your store or your content on social networks, identify his need, his problem and develop a robot portrait, also called buyer persona . Its purpose is above all to guide you in your prospecting. In addition, the implementation of an effective brand marketing is essential to become attractive to your leads.
For example, you do not prospect in the same way or on the same media, if your typical client is a 50-year-old married woman who loves nature, animals and who is concerned about the environment, or if he is a 17 year old teenager, who is passionate about skateboarding and music.
Try to identify:
- His age ;
- His marital status;
- His income
- His sex;
- His fears, his worries;
- His passions, hobbies;
- His motivation.
This first step must therefore be implemented with precision in order to capture the attention of the interlocutors more easily. The more information and criteria you get about your targets, the better you know how to reach them. For this, questionnaires or surveys can be set up or, if you have a CRM tool, retrieve the data present on the platform.
Do not hesitate to analyze your direct competitors, those who radiate in your field of activity. Look at their content, their means of prospecting, their prices and even their customers. This way, you fully understand what people expect from your company in terms of services, content and benefits.
Now it’s about creating a strong interest in your brand, your business. Several means are possible for this.
Betting on inbound marketing, that is to say bringing the customer to you thanks to an effective presence on the internet. This method advocates natural referencing, which allows the lead to easily and quickly find the information he needs on your site, and to position you as an expert in your activity.
For example, Paul, store manager, is looking for information on employee training. He wants to improve their knowledge of marketing and sales. Your site appears in first position on Google™ and it finds the information it needs. The content is readable and perfectly understandable, in addition, positive customer reviews reinforce your reference image in your sector. Paul is conquered, he makes an appointment with one of your trainers.
Conversely, outbound marketing is also a powerful strategy for generating results. It is the opposite of inbound marketing , since it consists of soliciting the customer. For example, sending a benevolent presentation message on the networks. This allows your interlocutor to ask without fear any questions he may have before ordering. Cold calling (cold calling) and emailing also help to acquire prospects.
Implementing promotional offers, limited flash sales or even targeted advertising on social networks are effective techniques for generating deep interest in your brand.
Your prospect carefully examines your offer, service or product. If he adheres, it means that he has a deep consideration for your company.. For this, the universe of your brand must correspond perfectly to your interlocutor. That is to say, if you sell healthy food to eat better, the site must inspire a thought of eco-responsibility and transparency thanks to visuals on the theme, a presentation of the leader(s), and why not show where and how the recipes are harvested and produced.
What could be more attractive than satisfied customers who talk about your brand? To convert, reassure your future customers. They must be certain that your product can help them solve their problem. For this, the FAQs are also effective in answering all their questions and establishing a climate of trust.
Also, make sure your site is responsive, loads quickly, and information is easily found. The user experience must be excellent, because a although can quickly push him to turn to the competition.
In other words, to convert, your prospect must be conquered by your services or your products. He must feel confident and understand that he is buying from an expert and can finally find a solution to his problem.
This is the crucial step in which your prospect places items in their cart. He has decided to buy on your site, or in your store. He therefore begins to choose his products before making the purchase. This is the action phase .
Accompanying a person in their buying process on social networks ( social selling ) is recommended to conclude a sale. In general, this helps to establish a professional climate of trust. The fact of knowing that she can easily reach an advisor is also an argument for after-sales. If there is a problem, the person knows they can easily contact them.
If your future customer takes action on your store, it means that it meets the essential criteria to convert:
- A sign or a website, clean, up to date and which displays the necessary information before the purchase (prices, characteristics, materials, ingredients, etc.);
- One or more competent, available and attentive advisers;
- Opinions, positive testimonials;
- Prices in line with those of the market;
- A guarantee can also facilitate the transaction since the customer does not take any risk in this purchase.
Do you need help to establish your strategy of effective presence on LinkedIn™, to find BtoB customers? Thanks to the Proinfluent method, you learn step by step how to forge an expert image on the most powerful professional social network! Discover the 6 steps that could well earn you 1 qualified prospect per day and 5 professional clients per month.
Congratulations, your prospect is about to become a customer! The sale is the action that concludes the journey of converting your prospect into a customer. He wants to invest in your item because he trusts your brand, and the positive feedback from other customers convinced him to take the plunge.
Converting is good, but building loyalty means ensuring long-term prosperity. To retain your customers, setting up a loyalty program remains a very effective means. The benefits they get from consuming from you keep them loyal.
Of course, quality and satisfaction must always be there to keep long-time customers. If possible, maintain a friendly and caring relationship with your customers.
Do you want to generate an avalanche of appointments with your prospects? Don’t wait any longer, make an appointment with a Proinfluent expert !
Funnel technique to conclude
- There are 6 phases: awareness, interest, consideration, action, sale and loyalty.
- Identifying your target is essential to raise awareness and reach it. Depending on her characteristics (age, sex, profession, etc.), you will not touch her in the same way.
- To generate interest, it is important to put in place a marketing strategy. Inbound marketing or outbound marketing are two opposing methods, but they can complement each other.
- To gain the consideration of your prospects, prove to them that your products can solve their problems. Proactive advisers also make it possible to embellish the brand’s image.
- The future customer begins to put items in his basket, so he is seduced by your brand. This requires a set of actions and details that give users confidence (opinions, testimonials, readable, fast and intuitive interface, easily reachable adviser, etc.).
- Selling is the ultimate step in the conversion journey. If it’s sold, it’s won!
- We must not neglect to build customer loyalty, because this allows us to prosper over the long term. Setting up a program with loyalty benefits is a good way to convince your regulars not to turn to the competition.
Funnel technique, to summarize in 4 questions
Quelles sont les étapes de la méthode en entonnoir ?
The funnel method marketing strategy has 6 phases:
- Sensitization ;
- Sale ;
These steps simplify the journey of converting a prospect into a customer. Their goal is to identify the flaws and strengths of your business, so that they can rework them and improve your conversion rate.
Pourquoi mettre en place la technique de l'entonnoir ?
There are several advantages to implementing the funnel method:
- Increase your conversion rate;
- Find new customers;
- Increase your turnover.
Quelles sont les différentes techniques de vente ?
- The SONCAS method: it consists of adapting your sales pitch according to the profile of the person and their motivations: security, pride, novelty, comfort, money or sympathy.
- Active listening: listening to your interlocutor with attention, allows you to respond with hard-hitting arguments. It is a way of showing him that we give him importance and that we are really trying to solve his problems.
- The funnel technique: it makes it possible to discern the 6 phases through which the prospect passes until he becomes a customer. Its main goal is to convert more customers.
Comment dynamiser les ventes d'un produit ?
- Be visible to your prospects: on social networks, on the internet, on the radio, etc.
- Set up attractive and time-limited promotional offers.
- Promote your brand to influencers.
- Promote the product in question by placing it in a prominent place or by displaying it on the home page of your site.