Having trouble getting feedback on your posts? Not sure how to calculate your engagement rate ? In this article, discover how to easily know your engagement rate on LinkedIn™ and how to increase it!
Why calculate the engagement rate?
The engagement rate on Instagram ™ , Facebook ™ or LinkedIn ™, is a marketing performance indicator that allows you to concretely measure the notoriety of your page and your publications. It corresponds to the number of interactions (likes, shares, comments) of users for your content.
It is very interesting to regularly calculate your engagement rate. Indeed, this KPI (Key Performance Indicator) informs you:
- on the posts most liked by your community, which allows you to improve your content strategy.
- on the engagement of your audience. Indeed, the engagement rate is a fundamental concept for the development of a company , because it reflects that the brand has a close-knit, active and satisfied audience.
By posting targeted content, you get more subscribers and above all more engagement on your posts. Find in the rest of the article 6 tips to boost your engagement rate.
How to calculate the engagement rate on LinkedIn™?
1. In relation to the number of subscribers
To know the engagement rate of a publication, only 2 pieces of information are necessary since it suffices to divide the total number of reactions by the number of subscribers, then to multiply the result by 100. This gives you a percentage.
Here is the mathematical formula that corresponds to the calculation of the engagement rate: (number of reactions / number of subscribers) * 100.
For example, your LinkedIn™ page has an audience of 500 users. Your last post generated 27 likes, 4 comments and 7 shares, which represents 38 reactions.
(38 / 500) *100 = 7.6% So your engagement rate is 7.6%!
2. In relation to the scope of the publication
This calculation takes into account the actual number of people who saw your post. Here is the mathematical formula: (number of reactions / the range) * 100.
To know the reach, it’s easy: look at the number of views of the post. You can find this value either directly under the post concerned, or in your dashboard.
There is also an automatic calculator that lets you know your Instagram™ engagement rate. Unfortunately, this tool is only available for this social platform. Just enter your Instagram™ account URL and you’ll get a detailed report of the Instagram™ engagement rate you’re generating. This is very useful if calculations of all kinds make your hair stand on end!
Do you want to increase your engagement rate? Do not move, it is precisely in the rest of the article!
What is a good engagement rate on social networks?
Obtaining a good engagement rate is a somewhat vague concept. First of all, by good engagement rate, we mean rather, better than the previous one and in progress. Then there are factors that directly influence, such as the number of subscribers. The more they are, the lower the engagement rate. In addition, depending on the social networks you use, a satisfactory engagement rate is not at the same percentage.
On LinkedIn™, the engagement rate is divided into 3:
- From 0 to 2%: low to medium engagement rate. When you’re at this level, it’s not hard to be able to increase your engagement rate. A communication strategy must be put in place on your social networks, so that your followers react more to your content.
- From 2 to 5%: correct engagement rate. Your subscribers react and even if it is not yet up to your expectations, it is a good start.
- More than 5%: excellent engagement rate! Bravo, you know perfectly well how to generate impressions for your publications, results, your followers are active and they boost your visibility on social networks.
How to increase your engagement rate?
There are several ways to increase your engagement rate:
- Study upstream the type of post that generates the highest rate of engagement;
- Publish content regularly;
- Prioritize publications that generate interactions;
- Use hashtags to increase the reach of the post;
- Publish at the right time;
- Use pods.
1. Study the type of post that generates more engagement
Indeed, animating your community on social networks is a discipline that requires analysis and study upstream. It is advisable to voluntarily publish different types of content to observe the reactions they elicit . The goal is of course to then focus on those who are most appreciated by your community.
LinkedIn™ offers the ability to post:
- posts (with or without visuals);
- surveys ;
- items ;
2. Post content regularly
Posting several times a week is essential to build a dynamic audience that helps you increase your visibility on social networks. This is a point that you absolutely must respect to increase your engagement rate..
Followers want to receive content from you regularly. Take influencers for example. They have thousands if not millions of subscribers and they post several times a week. From simple story to product placement, they have an active and growing community.
On LinkedIn™, it is recommended to publish regularly according to the frequentation of the network by your target. An analysis of the habits of your persona is essential. In order to remain visible in the news feed, it is advisable to publish several times a week but only once a day.
If your goal is to generate leads with LinkedIn™, I recommend posting at least twice a week.
3. Prioritize publications that generate interactions
To generate interactions, useful content that brings value (or emotion) to your audience is preferred . By producing writing that really interests your readers, you ensure that they are read and liked or commented on.
Here are some tips for getting feedback:
- Introduce a question at the end of your post: “And you, what do you think? » ;
- Ask to react: “If you liked this content, don’t forget to like”;
- Use a LinkedIn™ survey;
- Favor certain formats such as carousels which require pressing the arrows to discover more content.
By doing tests, you will know which publications your followers prefer. Leave nothing to chance, posting on social networks is a real digital marketing strategy !
4. Use hashtags to increase the reach of your post
Hashtags are very effective if chosen wisely .
On LinkedIn™, give preference to:
- keywords: #marketing;
- expressions not too long (1 to 2 words): #RateEngagement;
- terms that speak to everyone: #simple.
For more relevance, it is advisable to place 2 to 5 hashtags per publication!
5. Post in the right place at the right time!
It seems obvious and yet it is a terribly effective way to hit your target. Depending on the social network you use, the most relevant time to post is not the same!
On LinkedIn™, for example, which is a professional platform, depending on your audience, weekends and evenings may be avoided!
- Your target is online, it’s the perfect time for them to see your publication.
- You are there to respond to comments and thus maintain a relationship with your subscribers.
For anyone who wants to learn the workings of LinkedIn™, register for our 100% free webinar and master the power of LinkedIn™ to achieve your goals!
6. Use Pods
A pod can be related to a tool that can significantly increase the number of interactions and the number of subscribers on social networks. It can be on your Instagram™, Facebook™ or LinkedIn™ account.
Concretely, a pod is a group of users who act together by reacting to each other’s publications. The pods are a very effective solution to obtain a large number of likes and comments. Indeed, when you publish, the members of the pod are notified automatically or by you. They then go to your post, which increases its attractiveness to the LinkedIn™ algorithm .
They comment, share and react to your content, thus reaching an audience worthy of those of influencers. The pods are effective however, they are not without risk. Indeed, even if this communication strategy makes it possible to propel a brand, a site, a blog on social networks, but do not forget that this audience is artificial! If your pod disappears, you immediately lose almost all of your audience and the impressions that go with it.
Calculate the engagement rate to close
- To calculate your LinkedIn™ engagement rate (relative to followers), simply divide the total number of reactions by the number of followers. To get a percentage, multiply the result by 100.
- Another way to calculate the LinkedIn™ engagement rate is to divide the number of interactions by the reach of the post (and multiply by 100). This allows you to be more precise by taking into account only the people who have been in contact with your post.
- Depending on whether you use Facebook™, Instagram™ or LinkedIn™, the engagement rate to aim for is not the same.
- Increasing your engagement rate is possible by working on several points. For example, you need to know what types of posts on your page get the most reactions and what day and time are best for posting.
Calculate the engagement rate to summarize in 4 questions
How is the Instagram engagement rate calculated?
On Instagram™, calculating the engagement rate is like dividing the total number of interactions (likes and comments) by the number of followers. To obtain a percentage, more obvious to position oneself, simply multiply the result obtained by 100.
What is the commitment rate?
The engagement rate to aim for varies depending on the platform you’re posting to. Indeed, for an Instagram™ account for example, the average engagement rate is 4.41%, compared to 1.55% on Facebook™ and 2.61% on LinkedIn™. However, it is certain that an engagement rate above 5% is excellent.
How to interpret the engagement rate?
The engagement rate of a publication corresponds to the number of reactions it generates. The higher it is, the more it means that your content touches and seduces your audience.
Reacting (liking, sharing, commenting) increases the reach of your publication and therefore gives you better visibility on the social network you use.
How to increase the engagement rate?
There are several things to consider to increase the engagement rate of your posts. For example, defining the type of content your followers prefer, the best time to post, and skillful use of relevant hashtags can be enough to boost your account’s engagement rate.
Spelling error report
The following text will be sent to our editors: